This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Partial Solution Deployment

Topics: General Questions
Oct 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Hi Tom,

I have a constraint imposed by fact that we are using BizTalk 2010 Standard Edition - specifically the 5 BizTalk Applications limitation.

To address that constraint I'm creating BizTalk applications to support multiple interfaces which I would normally have seperate VS solutions and BT applications for.  

ExternalCustomers  BizTalk Application

Customer1.Components.dll

Customer1.Orchestrations.dll

etc

Customer2.components.dll

Customer2.Orchestrations.dll

etc

InternalApplications (BizTalk Application)

InternalApplication1.Components.dll

InternalApplication2.Orchestrations.dll

etc

InternalApplication1.components.dll

InternalApplication2.Orchestrations.dll

etc

In addition I'll have other BT applications for ESB, Common.

I know the Deployment framework undeploys and deploys the entire application (at least by default).  Does the deployment framework support deploying a subset of artifacts (assemblies, bindings, etc for ExternalCustomer or InternalApplicatation in my scenario) with out having to redeploy all artifacts?  Hopefully that makes sense. 

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Hi Dennis,

The model is still based on one BizTalk app to one BTDF project.  One benefit of that model to the Framework is that it always has a clean slate as a starting point for deployments.  However, it's not convenient for maintenance/patches or a situation like you're describing.  Most of the infrastructure is present to support that model, but the workflow process to carry it out is not, and more logic would be necessary to figure out what to deploy or not deploy.

You could probably use what's there as a starting point to script at least some of what you need, but I wouldn't call it a simple task.

Thanks,
Tom

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Tom,

Thanks for the quick response!   I thought was the case but wanted an expert opinion.

Thanks for all your work on the Deployment Framework, it is a great tool!

Dennis