"SeparatedList" issue

Topics: Server Deployment
Dec 2, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Hi,

We are getting the below error message on the server deployment and the local deployment doesn't have any issues. We are modifying the ".target" file and using the target that I have mentioned below and it looks good on my eyes. Can anyone please help me out what I have to do to fix this issue? The error saying the "SeparatedList" is a required parameter and our target has the value for it as well.

Error Message:

error MSB4044: The "ItemGroupFromSeparatedList" task was not given a value for the required parameter "SeparatedList".

Target where we get error message:

<Target Name="UndeploySchemas-LoanProcess"
     DependsOnTargets="UndeployOrchestrations;UndeployTransforms" Condition="'$(IncludeSchemas-LoanProcess)' == 'true' and '$(SkipUndeploy)' != 'true'">
  <!-- Undeploy schema assemblies. -->

<ItemGroupFromSeparatedList SeparatedList="$(Schemas-LoanProcess)" FormatString="$(FullPathFormatString)" ReverseList="true">
   <Output TaskParameter="ItemGroup" ItemName="UndeploySchemasGroup-PersonalLoanProcess" />
  </ItemGroupFromSeparatedList>

<!--
      Use the assembly's display name to remove the specific assembly from the GAC.
      If the version is not specified, gacutil removes all assemblies from the GAC that match on
      the filename, even if they have different strong names.
    -->
  <GenerateAssemblyNamesItemGroup SourceAssemblies="@(UndeploySchemasGroup-LoanProcess)">
   <Output TaskParameter="AssemblyNamesItemGroup" ItemName="SchemaAssemblyNamesGroup-LoanProcess" />
  </GenerateAssemblyNamesItemGroup>

<!-- When GACUTIL removes the assembly from the GAC, it will also remove the PDB file (copied when DeployPDBsToGac is enabled). -->
  <Exec Command="&quot;$(Gacutil)&quot; /u &quot;@(SchemaAssemblyNamesGroup-LoanProcess)&quot;" Condition="%(Identity) == %(Identity)" />
 </Target>

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:11 AM

I found a fix for this issue. It was a typo on the ".target" file and everything is working fine. We can close this discussion. Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2011 at 5:36 AM

Just wanted to mention that if you need to override a particular target defined in the base targets file, you don't need to modify the base file.  You can copy the target(s) that you wish to modify from the base targets file and paste it/them into your .btdfproj.  The copy(-ies) in your .btdfproj will override the base copy(-ies).

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Yes Tom. We do have our own copy of ".target" file....Thanks.