wix error

Topics: Visual Studio Integration
Feb 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM

my solution build on one server with btdf version prior to DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkV5_0_26_RC2.msi

but the same solution builds but when i create the MSI using the DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkV5_0_26_RC2.msi i get this error:

GenericBizTalkMSI.wxs    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Developer\WiX\light.exe" "obj\Debug\FRB.EC.Common.wixobj" -out "bin\Debug\\FRB.EC.Common-1.3.msi" -ext "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Developer\WiX\WixUIExtension.dll" -spdb    Microsoft (R) Windows Installer Xml Linker version 3.5.2519.0    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.    

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Developer\GenericBizTalkMSI.wxs(59): error LGHT0204: ICE61: Upgrade.VersionMax 1.3 format is wrong"

thanks,

joseph

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Check the version of the framework. Used should be 4.0

On Feb 10, 2012 12:58 PM, "josephfusco" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

my solution build on one server with btdf version prior to DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkV5_0_26_RC2.msi

but the same solution builds but when i create the MSI using the DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkV5_0_26_RC2.msi i get this error:

GenericBizTalkMSI.wxs "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Developer\WiX\light.exe" "obj\Debug\FRB.EC.Common.wixobj" -out "bin\Debug\\FRB.EC.Common-1.3.msi" -ext "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Developer\WiX\WixUIExtension.dll" -spdb Microsoft (R) Windows Installer Xml Linker version 3.5.2519.0 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Developer\GenericBizTalkMSI.wxs(59): error LGHT0204: ICE61: Upgrade.VersionMax 1.3 format is wrong"

thanks,

joseph

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (biztalkdeployment@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email biztalkdeployment@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Hi Joseph,

This traces back to the ProductVersion property in your .btdfproj.  It looks like you are passing in "1.3".  The MSI version format may require three digits -- try using 1.3.0.

Thanks,
Tom

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Once again...Thanks Tom, that did indeed fix it.

Joseph