BTDF MSI File Fails to Import Biztalk Administrative console

Topics: Server Deployment
Feb 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM

Hai,

I have a problem while importing the msi file created by the Visual studion=>DeployementFrameworkforBiztalk=>BuildServerDeployMSI

I can deploy dirctly by doing Visual studion=>DeployementFrameworkforBiztalk=>DeployBiztalksolution and its working fine.But i cant import the msi generted by BTDF.

The Error Message i got while i try to import in to Biztalk Administrative console is given below

TITLE: Import Error
------------------------------

Failed to extract CAB files from ...\Desktop\HelloWorld-1.0.0.msi.  Please provide a valid BizTalk MSI. (Microsoft.BizTalk.ApplicationDeployment.Engine)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=47400&ProdName=Microsoft+BizTalk+Server+2010&ProdVer=3.9.469.0&EvtSrc=Microsoft.BizTalk.ApplicationDeployment&EvtID=InvalidBizTalkMSI

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Microsoft.BizTalk.ApplicationDeployment.Engine)

BUTTONS:

OK

Thanks,

Prabakaran.T

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Hi,

The MSI that is generated by the Deployment Framework is not intended to be imported through the Admin Console -- there is no reason to import it.  You simply install it on your servers and then run the deployment script, either by checking the checkbox on the last page of the wizard, or afterward through the Start menu shortcut.

Thanks,
Tom

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:25 AM

It's working for me , Thanks Tom,

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Hi Tom,

Will this apply to msi created by BTDF 5.6 for BizTalk 2013R2 ?

If so, i am not getting any check box when i install the MSI. The MSI is created by TFS build using xaml where i included both biztalk project and deployment project to be build.

Am i missing something ?

Regards,
Uday
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2016 at 3:49 PM
Hi Uday,

There is no reason to use BizTalk's built-in deployment tooling and the Deployment Framework for BizTalk. They are completely different. With the Deployment Framework, you do not import the MSI. You install it, then look for new menu items in the Start menu to launch the deployment.

Please take a look at the walkthrough.

Thanks,
Tom