Announcing the official release of the Deployment Framework for BizTalk V5.0

Topics: Project Announcements
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM

I'm thrilled to announce the official release of the Deployment Framework for BizTalk V5.0!

When I started the project in December 2008, the Framework was based on Nant, supported BizTalk 2004 and 2006, the Visual Studio "integration" consisted of a handful of extra menu items in the Tools menu, installation meant unzipping the BTDF ZIP file over your BizTalk solution directory and you had to adhere to fairly strict project naming conventions.

We've come a long way since then!  Today the Framework is based on MSBuild, supports BizTalk 2006, 2006 R2, 2009 and 2010, has nice Visual Studio integration including an Add New Project wizard, over 110 pages of documentation and a walkthrough, vastly improved ease-of-use, complete flexibility in project naming and hundreds of improvements and refinements.

It has been a long journey.  I've put hundreds of hours into this project, a great many of which went late into the night.  However, I'm very proud of the result and I hope that you all enjoy using it.

Thanks to everyone around the world who is using and promoting this project!

Thomas F. Abraham