AdditionalAssemblies not recognized

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, Getting Started/Beginner
Aug 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Today I started learning BTDF after developing Biztalk applications for more than 7 years. Guess I'm late. :-) I already made my first installer but since we're not planning to use SSO settings yet, I'd like to keep my setup as clean as possible and trying to skip the deployment of ssosettingsfilereader. However, the AdditionalAssemblies keyword is not recognized at all. I'm using it within a ItemGroup ofcourse. Intellisense does not show it either but it does show all the other keywords. We are using BizTalk 2010 on Windows Server 2008 r2 64. Latest version of BTDF. Is there something I missed? Thanks. FJ
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Welcome FJ!  AdditionalAssemblies is an internal ItemGroup used by the Framework, not something you would use in your project.  It sounds like you're trying to add it just to defeat the deployment of SSOSettingsFileReader.dll.  As an internal ItemGroup, AdditionalAssemblies is linked to the Framework\DeployTools folder, so you will not be able to point to an assembly within your solution.  The Framework will always populate it to its default settings.  Net result is that you cannot easily override this behavior.

There's no downside to letting it deploy other than having an extra DLL in the GAC, and if you turn on the SSO settings later you'll probably need it then.

Thanks,
Tom

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Thanks Tom.

I just keep the dll in the GAC then.

I noticed one thing and that is when you're migrating from BTS2006(R2) to BTS2010 you also have to get rid of the Deployment and Development configuration. I skipped the BTS2006 instructions after converting my solution to 2010. Just a small catch.

Thanks again!

FJ