Version Number Missing in the MSI File Name

Topics: General Questions
Dec 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Hi I recently updated my BTDF from DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkV5_0_26_RC2 to DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkV5_0_RTW and Version Number is missing in the MSI File Name .  Below is the MSI that is getting generated now.

Sample-.msi. the Version Number is missing. I have this issue after the Upgrade. I did roll back to older version and I don’t have any issue and is generating the below file Sample-1.0.0.msi. Am I missing anything…

I am using VS 2010 Ultimate and Windows 7

Thanks,

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2012 at 5:29 AM

The MSI file name (without .msi) is defined in the $(MsiName) property, which by default equals $(ProjectName)-$(ProductVersion).  From your filename, it would appear that $(ProductVersion) is undefined.  That property must be defined in your .btdfproj.

I recommend comparing your .btdfproj against those of the sample apps to see what default constructs you may be missing.  It may be a better idea to use the Add New Project wizard to create a new Deployment Framework project and merge your customizations into it so that you are working with the current default constructs and layout.

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Thanks for the reply .. I got this resolved . I had to move the <PropertyGroup> section

Which contains the ProductVersion after the first PropertyGroup.

I have to do this only if I use RTW BTDF version. If I install the RC2 version I don’t have any issue. 

Thanks,

Dheer