ContinueOnError on the task Exec to FALSE

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, Tips and Tricks, Visual Studio Integration
Dec 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Hi Tom

I tried searching before asking this, but I think no one might have asked this lame question before.

Apologies if I am repeating it.

Many time during deployment, the removing of application fails and still the deployment continuous and fails at a later stage with a warning

Build continuing because "ContinueOnError" on the task "Exec" is set to "true".

I was wondering where I can set this to False, coz I don't want my deployment to continue once it fails.

Cheers

Bharat

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Hi Bharat,

Some external tools always return an error code when trying to delete an artifact that does not exist, for example, so they must be used with ContinueOnError true.  Those are all deliberate cases where the "error" is not important.  You may just be seeing normal behavior.

If you can post some excerpts of the script output that shows the errors/warnings that you are seeing, I can determine if they are normal or not.  The bottom line is that the script should report success at the very end when it completes processing.

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Thanks Tom

This make sense.

In my case, The removal of application was getting failed because I was using one of send port in the Party which I was using to send files via AS2.

Correct me if I am wrong , I read somewhere over codeplex that we could actually automate the parties via deployment framework as well. but this might involved removal and creation of party every time we deploy...

Since the party is being used by many send ports of various applications , I decided not to include this in deployment and kept it as a manual task.

Now if a send port is associated to the party in biztalk, the famework cannot remove the application unless this association is removed and this is where I was getting the issue I mentioned above

Continue on Error on the task exe to True was a warning and the application deployment failed at a later stage trying to add the same application with existing name.

Here is the log you requested

Information: Removing application "APPL" from BizTalk configuration database (server="SERVER", database="BizTalkMgmtDb")...  Error: Error while removing application "APPL".  Error: Failed to delete resource(s).  Error: Change requests failed for some resources.  Error: Unable to process delete change request for BizTalk binding "". Import bindings (unbind) failed.  Error: Failed to update binding information.  Error: Column 'nvcName' does not belong to table bts_party_sendport.    Command failed with 1 errors, 0 warnings.  MSBUILD : warning MSB3073: The command "BTSTask.exe RemoveApp -ApplicationName:"APPL"" exited with code 1. [D:\APPL\Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]  The previous error was converted to a warning because the task was called with ContinueOnError=true.  Build continuing because "ContinueOnError" on the task "Exec" is set to "true".