Deploying VDirs

Topics: IIS and Web Services
Mar 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Hi,
i had problem with deploying web services to IIS. When BTDF was deploying VDirs it throws an exception with message "The given path's format is not supported.".

So i started investigating what i'm doing wrong because i was getting this error only on server, not in my workspace and then i found strange thing (at least for me).
<CreateVirtualDirectory
  MetabasePath="$(IISMetabasePath)" Name="%(VDirList.Vdir)" Path="$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\%(VDirList.Physdir)" />
This is line from target DeployVDirs. I'm probably missing a point but why is there $(MSBuildProjectDirectory). It does not allow me to use absolute path. in PhysDir.

What i'm doing wrong?

Thank you!
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2013 at 5:28 AM
You cannot use absolute paths. It would not make much sense to use an absolute path to someplace outside of your solution directory structure. If you are exporting a web service from BizTalk that you wish to deploy with your BizTalk app, then you should move the exported web service directory from inetpub\wwwroot to within your BizTalk solution directory. Then reference that directory using the relative path.

If you describe the exact scenario I can address it directly, but that is the quick background.

Thanks,
Tom