This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

BRE Policy failure when adding as a Resource

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, General Questions, Server Deployment
Apr 14, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I'm getting an error when the deployment framework tries to deploy a BRE policy. The error seems off base, as I can see from the deployment results that the policy was successfully installed.
Populating metadata in ItemGroup from policy/vocabulary files content...
              Working on '..\BRE\Policies\B2B.Procurement.Application115.xml'...
                Added item [PolicyName:'B2B.Procurement.Application'; PolicyVersion:'1.15']
            Finished populating metadata in ItemGroup from policy/vocabulary files content.
When the deployment framework tries to add the resouce it throws the below error. Anybody else run into this problem?

Microsoft (R) BizTalk Application Deployment Utility Version 3.9.469.0
            Copyright (c) 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Information: Adding resource (-Type="System.BizTalk:Rules" -Luid="RULE/B2B.Procurement.Application;B2B.Procurement.Application/1.15") to application "B2B.Procurement.Application"...
            Information: Validating resources (count=1)...
            * Validating resource (-Type="System.BizTalk:Rules" -Luid="RULE/B2B.Procurement.Application;B2B.Procurement.Application/1.15")...
            Information: Found the rules store SERVER="BIZTALKCLUSTER\BIZTALK" and DATABASE="BizTalkRuleEngineDb".
            Information: Finding the rule set name="B2B.Procurement.Application;B2B.Procurement.Application" and version="1.15"...
            Error: Failed to add resource(s).
            Validation failed for 1 resource(s).
            The rules policy "B2B.Procurement.Application;B2B.Procurement.Application" with version 1.15 is not found in the rule store. Please select existing policy.

Command failed with 1 errors, 0 warnings.
Apr 17, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Not too sure -- I haven't seen any strange errors during rule policy deployment. Have you done any hand-editing of the XML in this policy file? Maybe there is a vocab link or something out of sync.

Thanks,
Tom