TFS build

Topics: Server Deployment
Apr 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Hi!

I'm trying to make a TFS build for my biztalk 2010 project.
Our TFS server is 2012.

So... I used the default build template for TFS 2012 and added the parameter according to the docs.

1 - Do I need to install BTDF on our build server that has the biztalk build components?

2 - I get the below error during build, is it related to:

a - BTDF
b - Some configuration error I've making
c - TFS upgrade from 2010 to 2012?

best regards /Jakob

"TF215097: An error occurred while initializing a build for build definition \Corporate Systemes\AISFHUB.BTDF:
Exception Message: The values provided for the root activity's arguments did not satisfy the root activity's requirements:
'DynamicActivity': Expected an input parameter value of type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.BuildSettings' for parameter named 'BuildSettings'.
'DynamicActivity': Expected an input parameter value of type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.TestSpecList' for parameter named 'TestSpecs'.
'DynamicActivity': Expected an input parameter value of type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.ToolPlatform' for parameter named 'MSBuildPlatform'.
Parameter name: rootArgumentValues (type ArgumentException)
Exception Stack Trace: at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.ValidateRootInputs(Activity rootActivity, IDictionary`2 inputs)"
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Hi Jakob,

It's possible to add the Deployment Framework files to TFS instead of installing on the build server. You can find the instructions here.

That build error is not related to the Deployment Framework. It looks like your build workflow is expecting a few parameters that are not being passed in (BuildSettings, TestSpecs, MSBuildPlatform).

Thanks,
Tom
Apr 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply I'll check this as an alternative.

Actually then we restarted the tfs agent on the build server the build almost passed, except for this error:

do you know about this one? or maybe it's related to the fact that BTDF is not installed on our build server?

$/XXX/XXX..../.Interfaces.ImportExport.Deployment/Deployment.btdfproj - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s), View Log File
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.WiXSetup.targets (46): Unable to copy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Framework\DeployTools\EnvironmentSettingsExporter.exe" to "obj\Release\redist\Deployment\Framework\DeployTools\EnvironmentSettingsExporter.exe". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Yes, that's probably due to the Deployment Framework not being installed on the build server. As I mentioned earlier, you can either 1) install it on the build server or 2) skip installing it on the build server and follow the instructions to place the files in TFS instead. Either way is fine.

Thanks,
Tom
Apr 15, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Thanks a lot for your support. I'll try both paths tomorrow.
And thanks for a great tool!

br Jakob