NUnit config file

Topics: General Questions, Getting Started/Beginner
May 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Trying out the "Verify Deployment" feature with deploying an assembly with a set of NUnit tests, but get an error about a missing config file when I try and build the MSI.

Created a new project for the test class, added the <DeploymentTest> section to the btdfproj, then "Build Server Deploy MSI" and get the error ...
error MSB3030: Could not copy the file XXX.Deployment.Tests.dll.config" because it was not found
I manually created the config file in the \Debug directory and the MSI built fine, deployed Ok, and the "Verify Deployment" menu item triggered NUnit and ran the tests

Is there someway to stop the requirement of a config file?

Cheers,
SteveC.

PS. I may have said it before, but just in case I haven't ... many, many thanks for an excellent application, the more I use it, the more impressed I get
Coordinator
May 13, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Hi Steve,

No, you must have a config file with the same filename as the DeploymentTest ItemGroup plus .config. Normally that happens automatically if you add a config file named app.config file to the test project. Visual Studio automatically copies it to the output folder and renames it. You can see that in the BTDF Advanced sample application.

Thanks a lot for the positive comments! I get very little feedback, so it's great to hear that at least a few people out there like you are happy with the product.

Thanks,
Tom
May 14, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Yeah, I'd added an app.config to my class project, but it didn't copy ?

In the end I did a quick hack ... created a file with the project name + .config and set it to copy always

Cheers,
SteveC.