Operation of the DeployBTRules?

Topics: Getting Started/Beginner
May 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM
If I run DeployBTRules against a mixed content file, i.e. both policies and vocabularies, as so ...
DeployBTRules  /ruleSetFile Searches_BRERules.xml 
I get all versions of the rules and vocabularies published into BRE.

But if I try to limit it to just a single policy (which doesn't use any vocabulary), like so ...
DeployBTRules  /ruleSetFile Searches_BRERules.xml /ruleSetName SetSQLServiceEndpoint /ruleSetVersion 1.0
I still get all rules and vocabularies ??

Can anyone explain the workings of the DeployBTRules?
May 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Edited May 20, 2014 at 11:41 AM
And I get an error when I try to deploy with a combined policy and vocabulary file, which I don't get if I use two seperate files, like so ...
    <RulePolicies Include="Policy.xml">
      <LocationPath>..\$(ProjectName).BRE</LocationPath>  
    </RulePolicies>
    <RuleVocabularies Include="Vocab.xml">
    </RuleVocabularies>
but this configuration fails ...
    <RulePolicies Include="Combined.xml">
    </RulePolicies>
    <RuleVocabularies Include="Combined.xml">
    </RuleVocabularies>
with this error ...
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1640,5): error MSB3073: The command "BTSTask.exe AddResource -Type:System.BizTalk:Rules -Overwrite -Name:"POVocabulary" -Version:"1.0" -ApplicationName:"BreDeployTest"" exited with code 1. [c:\users\stevec\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\BreDeployTest\Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]
Done Building Project "c:\users\stevec\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\BreDeployTest\Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj" (Deploy target(s)) -- FAILED.
BUT the policy and vocabulary are published !!

PS. I've got a test solution with the various bits I could upload somewhere
Coordinator
May 21, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Policies and vocabularies go in separate files, but one policy file can have multiple policies and one vocabulary file can have multiple vocabularies. All policies referenced in files associated with RulePolicies items are automatically added to the BizTalk application as resources, which appear in BizTalk Admin in the Policies node.

The vocabularies are processed first, then the policies.

Thanks,
Tom