undeploy and redeploy option is not visible in start menu under the applicaiton

Topics: Getting Started/Beginner
Oct 1, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Hi , I am new to this BTDF.
We are using customised btdf along with wix scripts.
After installing the msi on my machine, we can see the deploy option under the applicaiton from the start menu but there is no undeploy option..
Please let me know where i need to check that and what to do to get that in start menu

regards,
Meena
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Hi Meena,

Unless you are using an official release of the Deployment Framework downloaded from CodePlex, I cannot provide any support. You say that you are using a customized version, so I have no way of knowing what has been done to it.

I have never seen the Start menu shortcuts appear with a Deploy item but no others.

Thanks,
Tom
Oct 2, 2014 at 4:42 AM
Edited Oct 2, 2014 at 4:44 AM
Thanks for your reply. we are using 5.0 version. i mean to say all start->programs->biztalk application. under that i see deploy option. i understood that there is undeploy and redeploy options as such. There should be one configuration file where all these setting to be done.Please can you provide some clue on this.
I see uninstallwizard and installwizard.xml files also there in the deploytools option.
Oct 6, 2014 at 4:19 AM
I mean to ask incase of not using customised btdf, where is the location for these deploy and undeploy settings if any or will it come by default.Please suggest .
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014 at 6:30 AM
The Deploy, Undeploy and Redeploy Start menu items are always created. There is no option to disable any of them. If you see one after installing the MSI, you'll see all of them. I'd suggest building and deploying one of the sample applications that come with the Deployment Framework install as a reference.

Thanks,
Tom