This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

orchestration is not showing after deployment

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, General Questions
Oct 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Hi,
I am new to BTDF, I have a solution which is having three projects
  1. CommonOrchestrations (having one orch file)
  2. CommonServices
    3.CustomFunctoids
i have copied my btdf file below, the problem which i am facing is after deployment from Tools--> BTDF-->Deploy biztalk application i can not see my orchestration in biztalk admin console.

Functiods is going to proper place, dll is getting GACed but the i can not see orchestration in biztalk admin console can some one please help me on this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Deployment Framework for BizTalk Copyright (C) 2008-14 Thomas F. Abraham, 2004-08 Scott Colestock --> <Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" DefaultTargets="Installer" ToolsVersion="4.0">
<PropertyGroup>
<Configuration Condition="'$(Configuration)' == ''">Debug</Configuration>
<Platform Condition="'$(Platform)' == ''">x86</Platform>
<SchemaVersion>1.0</SchemaVersion>
<ProjectName>CommonServices</ProjectName>
<ProjectVersion>1.0</ProjectVersion>
<IncludeSchemas>False</IncludeSchemas>
<IncludeTransforms>False</IncludeTransforms>
<IncludeOrchestrations>true</IncludeOrchestrations>
<IncludeComponents>true</IncludeComponents>
<IncludeCustomFunctoids>true</IncludeCustomFunctoids>
<IncludeMessagingBindings>False</IncludeMessagingBindings>
<UsingMasterBindings>True</UsingMasterBindings>
<RequireXmlPreprocessDirectives>False</RequireXmlPreprocessDirectives>
<ApplyXmlEscape>True</ApplyXmlEscape>
<IncludeSettingsSpreadsheetInMsi>False</IncludeSettingsSpreadsheetInMsi>
<StartApplicationOnDeploy>False</StartApplicationOnDeploy>
<EnableAllReceiveLocationsOnDeploy>False</EnableAllReceiveLocationsOnDeploy>
<StartReferencedApplicationsOnDeploy>False</StartReferencedApplicationsOnDeploy>
<SkipIISReset>true</SkipIISReset>
</PropertyGroup>
<PropertyGroup>
<!-- Properties related to building an MSI for server deployments -->
<!-- BizTalk App Version Upgrade -->
<!--   For each new product release to be deployed to your BizTalk servers: -->
<!--     1) Increment ProductVersion -->
<!--     2) Generate a new GUID and update ProductId with the new GUID -->
<!--   This allows the new MSI to automatically uninstall (not undeploy!) the old MSI and install the new one. -->
<ProductVersion>1.0.0</ProductVersion>
<ProductId>d872bfc7-757c-413b-8bd6-6db9ec11a97e</ProductId>
<!-- BizTalk App Version Upgrade -->
<ProductName>CommonServices for BizTalk</ProductName>
<Manufacturer>Deployment Framework User</Manufacturer>
<PackageDescription>CommonServices</PackageDescription>
<!-- NEVER change the ProductUpgradeCode. -->
<ProductUpgradeCode>28add145-3e2d-4560-9676-44f1b5eb7a9d</ProductUpgradeCode>
</PropertyGroup>
<!-- Under TFS Team Build, set CustomizableOutDir property to true in TFS 2005/2008/2010 UpgradeTemplate. --> <!-- With a workflow build, copy the default template then modify the MSBuild task for the solution build. Set OutDir to blank and --> <!-- CommandLineArguments to String.Format("/p:SkipInvalidConfigurations=true;TeamBuildOutDir=""{0}"" {1}", BinariesDirectory, MSBuildArguments). --> <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)' == 'Debug'">
<DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath>$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\</DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath>
<OutputPath Condition="'$(TeamBuildOutDir)' == ''">bin\Debug\</OutputPath>
<OutputPath Condition="'$(TeamBuildOutDir)' != ''">$(TeamBuildOutDir)</OutputPath>
</PropertyGroup>
<PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)' == 'Release'">
<DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath>$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\</DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath>
<OutputPath Condition="'$(TeamBuildOutDir)' == ''">bin\Release\</OutputPath>
<OutputPath Condition="'$(TeamBuildOutDir)' != ''">$(TeamBuildOutDir)</OutputPath>
</PropertyGroup>
<PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)' == 'Server'">
<DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath>Framework\</DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath>
<!-- Get our PDBs into the GAC so we get file/line number information in stack traces. -->
<DeployPDBsToGac>false</DeployPDBsToGac>
</PropertyGroup>
<ItemGroup>
<PropsFromEnvSettings Include="SsoAppUserGroup;SsoAppAdminGroup" />
</ItemGroup>
<!-- !!! TODO !!! --> <!-- Add ItemGroup elements that contain one or more Schemas, Orchestrations, Transforms, etc. elements that describe --> <!-- the specific artifacts in your solution that need to be deployed. Use IntelliSense as a guide. --> <ItemGroup>
<Components Include="CommonServices.dll">
  <LocationPath>..\CommonServices\bin\$(Configuration)</LocationPath>
</Components>
</ItemGroup>
<ItemGroup>
<CustomFunctoids Include="CustomFunctoids.dll">
  <LocationPath>..\CustomFunctoids\bin\$(Configuration)</LocationPath>      
</CustomFunctoids>
</ItemGroup>
<ItemGroup>
<Orchestrations Include="CommonOrchestrations.dll">
  <LocationPath>..\CommonOrchestrations\bin\$(Configuration)</LocationPath>
</Orchestrations>
</ItemGroup>
<!-- !!! TODO !!! --> <Import Project="$(DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath)BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets" />
<!-- The Deployment Framework automatically packages most files into the server install MSI. However, if there are special folders that you need to include in the MSI, you can copy them to the folder $(RedistDir) in the CustomRedist target. To include individual files, add an ItemGroup with AdditionalFiles elements. --> <Target Name="CustomRedist">
</Target>
</Project>
Oct 27, 2014 at 8:43 AM
If i deploy same from visual studion by right click on project and deploy,,, it gets deployed and i can see the orchestration in Biztalk admin console.
Oct 28, 2014 at 5:29 AM
Your issue is probably the fact that you've deployed the application using the Visual Studio Deploy command. You need to completely purge this application's artifacts from BizTalk, especially anything that may have ended up inside "BizTalk Application 1". You must be getting error messages in the Visual Studio Output window from the Deployment Framework's Deploy process. Have you looked?

Thanks,
Tom
Oct 28, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Hi Tom,

I don't see any error message, please find below log, please do not confuse with PS. prefix, in orginal btdf file i removed.
i have copied part from Orch deployment due to size restriction

Target DeployOrchestrations:
    BTSTask.exe AddResource -Type:BizTalkAssembly -Overwrite -Source:"..\PS.CommonOrchestrations\bin\Debug\PS.CommonOrchestrations.dll" -ApplicationName:"PS.CommonServices" -Options:GacOnAdd,GacOnImport,GacOnInstall
    Microsoft (R) BizTalk Application Deployment Utility Version 3.11.158.0
    Copyright (c) 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Information: Adding resource (-Type="System.BizTalk:BizTalkAssembly" -Luid="PS.CommonOrchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e9f153842850f924") to application "PS.CommonServices"...
    Serialized BizTalk assembly "PS.CommonOrchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e9f153842850f924" from "..\PS.CommonOrchestrations\bin\Debug\PS.CommonOrchestrations.dll".
    Information: Validating resources (count=1)...
    * Validating resource (-Type="System.BizTalk:BizTalkAssembly" -Luid="PS.CommonOrchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e9f153842850f924")...
    Information: Performing change requests...
    Information: Calling BeginTypeChangeRequest for all selected resource types...
    PerformingBeginChangeRequest
    Updating resource (-Type="System.BizTalk:BizTalkAssembly" -Luid="PS.CommonOrchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e9f153842850f924") in store.
    Information: * Performing change request on type "System.BizTalk:BizTalkAssembly" (count=1)...
    Information: Assembly "PS.CommonOrchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e9f153842850f924" is not used by any other assemblies. Skipping pre-update operations.
    Information: Updating assembly "PS.CommonOrchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e9f153842850f924"...
    Information: Reading binding information for assembly "PS.CommonOrchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e9f153842850f924".
    Information: Successfully selected binding information.
    Information: Saved binding information to XML file "C:\Users\AMIM071\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\Deployment\BindingFiles\~PS.CommonOrchestrations_1.0.0.0_neutral_e9f153842850f924.BindingInfo.xml".
    Information: Updating binding information.
    ConnectionString="Data Source=AMTROWBT13DV04\AMTROWBT13DEV;Initial Catalog=BizTalkMgmtDb;Integrated Security=True;Enlist=True;Application Name=Microsoft.BizTalk.ApplicationDeployment.Engine"
    Information: Updating send ports, send port groups, and receive ports...
    Information: Updating parties and enlistments...
    Information: Updating orchestration bindings...
    Information: Successfully updated binding information.
    Information: Deploy server="AMTROWBT13DV04\AMTROWBT13DEV" database="BizTalkMgmtDb" assembly="C:\Users\AMIM071\AppData\Local\Temp\2\BT\PID16932\BizTalkAssembly\e2b649f702fabeb2bc548d4c08a74f30\PS.CommonOrchestrations.dll"
    Information: Installed the "C:\Users\AMIM071\AppData\Local\Temp\2\BT\PID16932\BizTalkAssembly\e2b649f702fabeb2bc548d4c08a74f30\PS.CommonOrchestrations.dll" assembly into the Global Assembly Cache. (force=True)
    Information: Deploy operation succeeded.
    Information: Updating binding information.
    ConnectionString="Data Source=AMTROWBT13DV04\AMTROWBT13DEV;Initial Catalog=BizTalkMgmtDb;Integrated Security=True;Enlist=True;Application Name=Microsoft.BizTalk.ApplicationDeployment.Engine"
    Information: Updating send ports, send port groups, and receive ports...
    Information: Updating parties and enlistments...
    Information: Updating orchestration bindings...
    Information: Successfully updated binding information.
    Information: Beginning post-update operations for assembly "PS.CommonOrchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e9f153842850f924".
    Information: No binding information to restore. (key="PS.CommonOrchestrations_1.0.0.0_neutral_e9f153842850f924")
    Information: Ending post-update operations for assembly "PS.CommonOrchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e9f153842850f924".
    Information: Deploy server="AMTROWBT13DV04\AMTROWBT13DEV" database="BizTalkMgmtDb" assembly="C:\Users\AMIM071\AppData\Local\Temp\2\BT\PID16932\BizTalkAssembly\e2b649f702fabeb2bc548d4c08a74f30\PS.CommonOrchestrations.dll"
    Information: Installed the "C:\Users\AMIM071\AppData\Local\Temp\2\BT\PID16932\BizTalkAssembly\e2b649f702fabeb2bc548d4c08a74f30\PS.CommonOrchestrations.dll" assembly into the Global Assembly Cache. (force=True)
    Information: Deploy operation succeeded.
    Information: Deployed the following 1 BizTalk assemblies:
    PS.CommonOrchestrations.dll
    EXEC : warning : If any of the assemblies were previously loaded by a Host Instance, it may be necessary to restart the Host Instance for changes to take effect. [F:\Workspace\PS.SHD\v1.0.0.0\Source\PS.CommonServices\PS.CommonServices.Deployment\PS.CommonServices.Deployment.btdfproj]
    Information: Commit the change requests...
    * Performing EndTypeChangeRequest for resource type "System.BizTalk:BizTalkAssembly".

Command succeeded with 0 errors, 0 warnings.

Done building target "DeployOrchestrations" in project "PS.CommonServices.Deployment.btdfproj".
Target DeployCustomFunctoids:
    Copying file from "..\PS.CustomFunctoids\bin\Debug\PS.CustomFunctoids.dll" to "F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013\Developer Tools\Mapper Extensions\PS.CustomFunctoids.dll".
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk 6.0\Framework\DeployTools\gacutil.exe" /f /i "..\PS.CustomFunctoids\bin\Debug\PS.CustomFunctoids.dll"
    Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.1
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Assembly successfully added to the cache
Target _BounceBizTalk:
    Target BounceAllBizTalkHosts:
        Host list (BizTalkHosts ItemGroup) not customized.
        Restarting host instance: BizTalkServerApplication on amtrowbt13dv04
        Restarted host instance : BizTalkServerApplication on amtrowbt13dv04
Done building project "PS.CommonServices.Deployment.btdfproj".
Build succeeded.

EXEC : warning : If any of the assemblies were previously loaded by a Host Instance, it may be necessary to restart the Host Instance for changes to take effect. [F:\Workspace\PS.SHD\v1.0.0.0\Source\PS.CommonServices\PS.CommonServices.Deployment\PS.CommonServices.Deployment.btdfproj]
1 Warning(s)
0 Error(s)
Time Elapsed 00:00:14.90
Oct 28, 2014 at 8:30 AM
yes it is solved, it is referencing old dll, actually the build mode was set to Release and at BTDF it is set to Debug. in Debug it was having old dll, while when build was getting run the latest dll goes to Release folder but the BTDF was taking it from debug folder.

I removed everything from GAC, deleted debug and release folder which gets created during build and deployed freshly. I can see now the orchestration in orchestration folder from BTS admin.
Oct 28, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Great, glad you found it!

Tom