Updating passwords after deployment

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Jun 4, 2015 at 4:46 PM
Hi ,

application already deployed and successfully running .

Downstream system is updating the password from their end then need to update in the BizTalk as well

I need to update the password in the Edit SSO settings in the application(start->Programs-
application->EDI SSO settings) and restart the host instances.
Please confirm I am following the right approach or guide me if i miss
Coordinator
Jun 4, 2015 at 4:52 PM
Assuming that you're using SSOSettingsFileReader to read the password at runtime, yes. The new value should take effect automatically after a period of time, but it's safest to restart the host instance(s).

Thanks,
Tom
Jun 4, 2015 at 6:53 PM
few applications are using passwords through SSOSettingsFileReader and few are require to update the password in the port then I need to update the password in the

setting file generator file ,make a new MSI and deploy it
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2015 at 2:18 AM
Since you have some directly on the port configurations, you have a few options:
  1. Make the changes manually in BizTalk Admin
  2. Update the settings spreadsheet locally and give the updated file to the admins to copy onto the servers. Use the Preprocess and Import Bindings command in the Start menu for the application on one of the servers.
  3. Get a copy of PortBindings.xml from one of the servers, update it, give it back, and have the bindings file imported through BizTalk Admin
  4. Create an updated BTDF MSI and do a full redeployment
If you use 1-3 then you can use the Edit SSO Settings tool, otherwise with 4 there's no point since you're doing a full redeployment.

Thanks,
Tom