Is it possible to set the SB-Messenger Send Port SAS Key via the bindings file on deployment?

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Jan 7, 2016 at 10:49 PM
Hello. Have used BTDF for previous projects with great success.

Now using it on a small project where Biztalk puts a messages on a Service Bus queue via the SB-Messaging adapter. In the binding file I am trying to set the SAS Key Name and Key via the deployment. The Key Name is set, but the Key is always blank?

(see below for a snapshot of the generated CustomProps XML from the binding master file.:

Look for SharedAccessKeyName and SharedAccessKey
<CustomProps>
    <DefaultReplyTo vt="8"/>
    <IssuerSecret vt="1"/>
    <DefaultReplyToSessionId vt="8"/>
    <DefaultTimeToLive vt="8">10675199.02:48:05.4775807</DefaultTimeToLive>
    <StsUri vt="8">https://&lt;Namespace&gt;-sb.accesscontrol.windows.net/</StsUri>
    <SharedAccessKeyName vt="8">SenderPolicy</SharedAccessKeyName>
    <DefaultSessionId vt="8"/>
    <UseAcsAuthentication vt="11">0</UseAcsAuthentication>
    <DefaultCorrelationId vt="8"/>
    <SharedAccessKey vt="1">VtTlsTOhQKWSAMPLErM4rjOhjylL6c/rDfw4HD4K8=</SharedAccessKey>
    <BatchFlushInterval vt="8">00:00:00</BatchFlushInterval>
    <OpenTimeout vt="8">00:01:00</OpenTimeout>
    <DefaultLabel vt="8">Sample ESB</DefaultLabel>
    <DefaultScheduledEnqueueTimeUtc vt="7">01/07/2016 02:10:30</DefaultScheduledEnqueueTimeUtc>
    <IssuerName vt="8"/>
    <DefaultMessageId vt="8"/>
    <UseSasAuthentication vt="11">-1</UseSasAuthentication>
    <CloseTimeout vt="8">00:01:00</CloseTimeout>
    <SendTimeout vt="8">00:01:00</SendTimeout>
    <CustomBrokeredPropertyNamespace vt="8">https://Sample.ESB.Schemas.SampleInterfaceServiceBusProperties</CustomBrokeredPropertyNamespace>
</CustomProps>
Is this just a security thing where passwords can not be automatically inserted? or am I missing something else?

Thanks for any assistance!
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2016 at 8:38 PM
At least with the older adapters, when you do a bindings export from BizTalk Admin, it blanks out passwords and flips the vt="?" to a value that won't work on a re-import. I'm assuming that your token replacement is working, so the key ends up in the output file as shown above, but it doesn't load correctly during the import. Try changing the vt="1" on that element to vt="8". I remember having to do that with other password fields in the past.

Thanks,
Tom
Jan 11, 2016 at 5:41 AM
Thanks very much Tom! This corrected our issue.

:)