Unique binding file name

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Aug 13, 2009 at 2:26 AM

Hi,

First of all, let me thank you guys for creating such a brilliant framework. This thing rocks!

I have a question about binding files... If I use a master binding file, and settings get merged into it at deployment time, then the "merged" file that gets created is named PortBindings.xml. This then gets uploaded into BizTalk as a resource... My problem is, as its name isn't unique, when I try to use the same approach for another BizTalk application, I get an error because BizTalk already has a "PortBindings.xml" resource.

Is there a way I can force the BTDF to generate (or hard-code) a unique name for the "merged" port bindings file (eg per application)?

Thanks heaps!

Coordinator
Aug 13, 2009 at 4:38 AM

Hmm... I have often used the Deployment Framework to generate MSI's for multiple BizTalk apps that I have deployed to the same BizTalk group with no issues like this.  By chance are you taking the MSI and using the Management Console to Import the MSI?

Thanks much for the positive comments!  If you haven't star-rated the release, we would really appreciate it.  :-)

Tom

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:18 AM
Edited Aug 13, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Hi turkeys_united,

Had the same problem! You can fix it by defining the following in the PropertyGroup of your projectname.btdfproj file:

<PortBindings>$(ProjectName).PortBindings.xml</PortBindings>
<PortBindingsMaster>$(ProjectName).PortBindingsMaster.xml</PortBindingsMaster>

You will have to rename your PortBindingsMaster.xml and PortBindings.xml file to ProjectName.PortBindingsMaster.xml and ProjectName.PortBindings.xml.

After that everything should work.

Regards Marcel

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:16 AM

Thanks so much, that was the missing link! I'd switched over to using a "static" portbindings file because of this issue, I didn't realise that if you put a name in the PortBindings element, the file that is generated at deployment time from the PortBindingsMaster is named according to the PortBindings element... Yay!!!

Thanks heaps, I knew there would be a way, it's such a cool framework, it hasn't let me down yet!