Environment-specific binding files don't get generated

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Jun 15, 2016 at 4:45 PM
Hi,

I want to generate environment-specific binding files but it's not working.

I have UsingMasterBindings=true and have a PortBindingsMaster.xml file. I have a SettingsFileGenerator.xml file created and has settings in it.

The PortBindings.xml file gets generated with settings from the SettingsFileGenerator.xml, so that's no problem.

Here's the problem: in Visual Studio, under Tools, Deployment Framework for BizTalk, Export Environment settings - the environment-specific binding files don't get generated at all.

This means that the environment-specific binding files in the generated MSI file are just the default ones.

What setting am I missing to get it to generate the environment-specific binding files?
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2016 at 5:52 PM
Each of the environment columns has a Generate File? Yes/No flag. Are they all Yes?

You can grab the SettingsFileGenerator.xml from one of the sample apps or by creating a new BTDF project, then copy your settings into it, in case something happened to the structure of your current file.

By the way, the MSI does not carry the environment-specific XML files. They are exported during the server deploy wizard.

Thanks,
Tom
Marked as answer by westerer on 6/15/2016 at 12:30 PM
Jun 15, 2016 at 7:14 PM
Ok - something was corrupt in SettingsFileGenerator.xml.

I used one generated by a new project and it works now.

Thanks!