BTDF for Visual Studio 2015

Topics: Visual Studio Integration
Aug 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Hi There,
Today I was trying to use BTDF for Visual studio Community Edition 2015. But I could not see the Biztalk Project items so my gues is that BTDF is not supported yet for VS2015. Is this due soon or are there plans for a new build that works/integrates with VS2015?
Aug 22, 2016 at 8:44 AM
Hi,

Are you trying to use it with BT 2016 CTP?
There is a discussion about that.
Sep 20, 2016 at 7:27 AM
Hello,
I trying to use BTDF with BizTalk 2016 and Visual Studio 2015, but after installing newest version of BTDF, there is no BTFD template in visual studio.
Does anyone know how I can use BT2016 and VS 2015 with BTDF 6.0 Beta?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2016 at 3:46 PM
Visual Studio 2015 no longer supports the add-in model used by the Deployment Framework, so the add-in would need a substantial rewrite. Unfortunately, that would also mean supporting two different versions of the add-in. I do not have a timeline for that.

The typical issue with the Deployment Framework itself is the BizTalk SSO DLL's. Microsoft is now in the habit of changing the SSO version number with every BizTalk release. That means compilation of another BizTalk version-specific set of BTDF SSO DLL's. That can be addressed easily enough once I have a copy of BizTalk 2016, or at least the SSO DLL's. It's still in a private preview.

Thanks,
Tom
Jan 10 at 7:23 AM
Is there something coming? Because I could really use an updated BTDF version working with BizTalk 2016. But I do not see any commits here in the recent history. Could you please tell me (and all of the others reading here) whether you are working on something? Thanks.

The best I could find was the DIY approach of SamAmin ( https://biztalkdeployment.codeplex.com/discussions/654830 ).
Coordinator
Feb 6 at 2:27 PM
Please reference this thread.