IIS 6 Scripting Tools nessesary for sample to deploy on IIS7.0 (Windows 2008 R1)

Topics: IIS and Web Services
Oct 6, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Hi there

Please note: this is a possible solution, not a question (but comments are still very welcome).

Being new to DFB, I thought I give the included BizTalkSample a spin on by 64 bit Windows Server 2008 R1.

Even after changing BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets (on my box:C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets) from:

<Exec Command="&quot;$(Cscript)&quot; /nologo &quot;$(DeployTools)\WriteRegValue.vbs&quot; $(Log4netRegKey) &quot;@(Log4netFile)&quot;"

Condition="'$(Includelog4net)' == 'true'" />

to:

<Exec Command="&quot;cscript.exe&quot; /nologo &quot;$(DeployTools)\WriteRegValue.vbs&quot; $(Log4netRegKey) &quot;@(Log4netFile)&quot;"

Condition="'$(Includelog4net)' == 'true'" />

I still got the following error trying to deploy my solution:

The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Framework\DeployTools\cscript64.exe" /nologo "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Framework\DeployTools\iisext.vbs" /RmFile "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\BizTalkSample_BT2009\BizTalkSampleVDir\btshttpreceive.dll"" exited with code 1.

Could not create an instance of the CmdLib object.

Please register the Microsoft.CmdLib component.

For me, the solution was to add (using Sever Manager) the Role Services IIS 6 Scripting Tools and the prerequisite role service IIS 6 WMI Compatibility.

Acording to the Windows Server 2008 R1 documentation:

”IIS 6.0 Scripting Tools provides the ability to continue using IIS 6.0 scripting tools that were built to manage IIS 6.0 in IIS 7.0. This is especially useful if your applications and scripts use ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) or Active Directory Service Interface (ADSI) APIs. IIS 6.0 Scripting Tools requires the WAS Configuration API.”

Maybe DFB will work without the IIS6.0 Scripting Tools in some future version? Or maybe even in the RTM version of version 5.0?

Best regards,

Michael Brandt Lassen

3F, Denmark

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Michael, thank you for the info!  I'll keep this in mind for a future release, but unfortunately not for 5.0.  Documentation is the main thing holding up the 5.0 release.

Regards,
Tom